Even in the worst situations...

The past 36 hours have been so difficult! My Dad had a horrible car accident yesterday afternoon. EMS workers found him with his truck flipped and he was hanging out of the back window. He was air lifted to Baptist. I was the first of our family to get to him and was floored by his appearance. By looking at him I just knew he was going to die. I just had to stop and pray over him. Thankfully, after all the test and hearing from the doctors, he is going to be ok. He has 6 broken ribs, 2 missing teeth, several broken teeth that have to be removed, and bruises and gashes all over his body. He is terribly sore today and has a hard time breathing because of the rib pain. The main concern at this point is the reason for the accident...there were no other cars, trees, deer, etc so we are wondering what happened and he remembers nothing. The doctors think he may have had a TIA (mini-stroke) that may have caused him to black out. They are going to do some tests to see if that is likely or not but TIA's do not show up on scans so there is no way to prove whether or not thats what caused the wreck. He will be at Baptist until at least Monday. He has to be able to walk on his own before they will discharge him but at this point he cannot even sit up in the bed. Its been really hard to see my Dad in so much pain. Even as I think of it, tears flow from my eyes. Prayers are much appreciated!

Me and My Dad
Today I am thankful that even in the worst situations, God is not surpised, He is not shocked. God is always in control and always trust-worthy. He was with my Dad as tumbled in the truck, as he flew to the hospital, as he had a million tests, and even now as he recovers. God is always good and I am so thankful that He is taking care of each of us at all times.


Comments

  1. I'm so sorry you and your family are going through this. I am definitely praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please take the time to leave an encouraging message

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes