Not Everyone is Meant to be in Every Season of Your Life


This past weekend I heard God whisper to my spirit, "Not everyone is meant to be in every season of your life." That's a really hard truth for me grasp because I naively want to believe that all the people in my life will always be part of my life. I love people and hate division and conflict, but the hard truth is, sometimes situations arise, and circumstances are experienced that cause a relationship to come to an end. 

“There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens.” Ecclesiastes 3:1

There’s a popular meme that says “Don’t worry about the people God removed from your life. He heard things you didn’t, saw things you couldn’t, and made moves you wouldn’t.” Those words bring me a lot of comfort and remind me that God is all-knowing and is always looking out for His children. He knows what is best and knows what we need to be protected from. 

Recently I saw a glimpse of why God decided to remove some people from our lives. As a recovering people-pleaser who is so quick to give everyone at least eleven chances, I needed to hear the harsh words and witness the angry attitudes so I could understand why God was making the moves He was making. I feel so much gratitude for God’s protection and feel so loved because He allowed me to experience what I needed to experience so that I would see God’s protection instead of man’s rejection. 

It seems like it would be wonderful for everyone to stay in our lives for our entire life time, but if some of those relationships never changed or ended, we would never grow into the people God created us to be. God brings people into our lives for a reason and He also removes them for a reason, because not everyone is meant to be a part of every season of our lives.

Tori

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes