Child-Like Worship


This past weekend I took my two youngest children to see one of their favorite Christian bands in concert. The kids wanted to stand on the pews because they couldn't see but were a little afraid they might fall. So, I stood a little in front of them so they could hold on to me while they stood and sang along to all their favorite songs.
During the concert there was a time when we all sat down to watch a video. As we sat, I felt a tap on my shoulder from a woman sitting behind me. She had tears in her eyes and said, "I have been so blessed by watching your children worship."
Her words touched my heart. I had been watching Allison dance but I had not seen what she was referring to with Tyson. When we stood up again and began singing, I flipped the camera on my phone around so I could get a quick glimpse. When I saw Tyson, who is only 8 years old, worshiping with such passion, I could barely contain my joy. There is nothing sweeter for this Mama than to watch her children worshiping the Lord!
Psalm 8:1-2 (TPT) says, "Yahweh, our Sovereign God, Your glory streams from the heavens above, filling the earth with the majesty of Your name! People everywhere see Your splendor. You have built a stronghold by the songs of children. Strength rises up with the chorus of infants. This kind of praise has power to shut Satan’s mouth. Childlike worship will silence the madness of those who oppose you."
Not only is it beautiful to watch our children worship the Lord, there is also so much power in the praise of children! Their desire to worship the Lord is pure, precious, and powerful. The praises they sing shut the mouth of Satan! Maybe this is why Jesus challenges all of us to be like the little children. Perhaps this is also one of the reasons Satan works so hard to drag our children away from God.
I'd love to say Tyson's bold worship is a result of his dad and I being great models, and while there could be some truth to that, I don't think that's the case. He doesn't come to "big church" with us yet, so he hasn't seen us worship in corporate settings very often.
I believe that type of worship isn't learned, instead its a natural result of the relationship someone has with the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
I believe a child's pure, untainted faith leads him/her to worship. If we seek to have child-like faith that believes God and trusts God no matter what, the same will be true for us.

Tori

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes