Covid-19




I don't believe that people should be forced to wear a mask, but due to my auto-immune disorder, I have worn one throughout the pandemic.

I don't believe vaccincations should be manditory, but due to my immuncompromised state, I had the Johnson & Johnson vaccine earlier this year.

Even with obedient mask-wearing and the vaccine, I am currently battling Covid-19.

I began noticing symptoms last Friday. I went to six urgent care centers on Saturday morning, being turned away by all of them because they were all at max capacity. I was able to get an appointment for Sunday morning. My chest pain, low pulse ox, and cough were reason enough for the doctor to test me for Covid. She prescribed an inhaler and antibiotics to help my breathing. I've been laying in my bed for five days now, which is highly irregular for me. I have absolutely no energy, every muscle aches, taking deep breaths is painful, and I cannot taste or smell anything (which is incredibly odd I might add.)

My precious family is letting me rest but I miss them so much. I'm struggling with extreme mommy guilt too because we were supposed to start our homeschool year this week but I am physically unable. My husband is having to work and take care of all four kids by himself, the laundry is piling up all over the place, and I haven't been able to kiss my babies goodnight in days. It's rough.

Eight months ago, my uncle's life was taken by the virus I currently have. I know someone several years younger than me who has been in the hospital for weeks, fighting for his life because of the virus I currently have. Two weeks ago, I had infusion therapy which kills my immune system but helps me combat Anklylosing Spondylitis, a disease which puts me at higher risk for major complications from Covid-19.

I have a lot of reasons to be afraid.

It can feel like we're up against horrible situations, uncurable diseases, and irreversable circumstances but in reality, we're fighting a spiritual battle at all times. I think its important for us to remember that.

I am not afraid, even with many reasons to be. I know what I'm fighting against, I believe I am protected, and I'm trusting my Father.

Ephesians 6:12 (TPT) Your hand-to-hand combat is not with human beings, but with the highest principalities and authorities operating in rebellion under the heavenly realms. For they are a powerful class of demon-gods and evil spirits that hold this dark world in bondage.

There's really no point in fighting one another over masks and vaccines because at the end of the day, it doesn't even matter. I had the vaccine and I wear masks and I'm still sick. Why are wasting our energy on this? We need to come together and pray! Pray against this virus, pray for protection against it, pray for wisdom and guidance, and pray for healing.

If you have a moment, please pray for or my healing and for Bryan as he manages everything while I recover. Please also pray for protection for my family. I should be able to come out of quarantine on Monday, which is also my birthday! I'm praying I will feel well enough to get out of the bed that day! Please pray for my chest pain to decrease and my pulse-ox level and energy to increase. And please pray for an end to all the fighting over masks and vaccines. It breaks my heart to see so much pointless arguing. It's just another way the enemy is trying to divide and destroy.


Psalm 91:1-6 says "When you abide under the shadow of Shaddai, you are hidden in the strength of God Most High. He’s the hope that holds me and the stronghold to shelter me, the only God for me, and my great confidence. He will rescue you from every hidden trap of the enemy, and he will protect you from false accusation and any deadly curse. His massive arms are wrapped around you, protecting you. You can run under his covering of majesty and hide. His arms of faithfulness are a shield keeping you from harm. You will never worry about an attack of demonic forces at night nor have to fear a spirit of darkness coming against you. Don’t fear a thing!"

Tori

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes