A Birthday Trip!

 Today was Evan's 9th birthday!  He loves nature, hiking, and all things outdoorsy, so we decided to celebrate with a day-trip to the mountains in Boone, NC! He has been so excited! We began the day with a hike to the Lower Cascades. The waterfall was beautiful and the weather was perfect. 

Look at that grin!

The waterfall was gorgeous!

My sweeties did great hiking the trail!

How precious are they?

Evan got these binoculars for his birthday. He really enjoyed using them today!

We had a lot of fun exploring together.

I love doing fun things like this with these guys.

I love this fella too!

After the hike we went to Mystery Hill. We had a great time!

Dylan thought it was awesome!

It is so weird to see people standing like this!

I had to pull Allison around as best I could because she couldn't figure out how to walk.

Allison especially loved the bubble area!

Evan kept blowing these huge bubbles.

I think Bryan liked this huge bubble thing as much Tyson did.

Completely covered in a bubble!

Everybody had to have a turn!

Next we went to to play putt putt! 

This course was on the side of the mountain.

The kids love putt putt!

Before we headed home, we stopped at some overlooks to check out the views. Evan would have stayed all evening. 

I'm so glad we got a picture of the entire family!

It was a wonderful day!

Today I am grateful for such a terrific day celebrating our 9 year old son! I am glad he was able to enjoy his day doing some of his favorite things! I am also thankful for a beautiful day in the mountains. The weather was perfect for a crisp fall day! I always enjoy spending time in the mountains, taking in the beauty of God's creation. 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes