They Are the Proof!

Today was the last session of the post-abortive Bible study I've been leading since the end of March. This study was different because it had to be done via Zoom. I never imagined leading a post-abortive Bible study through video conferencing but it ended up being a wonderful experience. The five of us had so many meaningful conversations. There were many tears shed but also lots of laughter. Last Sunday we all met in person at the Not Forgotten Ministries' office so we could make memorials in honor of our preborn babies. It was a very special time. Even though the Bible study focuses on a very deep, tough topic, the time we've spent together has been beautiful.

As our video call came to an end today, each person in the group shared what they've gotten out of our time together over the past few months. I was absolutely blown away by their heartfelt words. One lady shared that something I said is what finally encouraged her to open herself up to the idea of true healing. Another called me, "God's tool." Someone else said that God is using me as a vehicle of truth and healing. One friend said that so much has changed in her life since starting this Bible study. She explained that she is like a different person in many ways and told me that she owes much of that to me.

Part of today's reading told of a man named Roger Bannister. He was the first man to run a mile in less than four minutes. Experts said it was impossible. They believed it could never be done. Bannister decided to train relentlessly in order to break the four minute mile record. And he did. Since his record breaking run, more than three hundred people have also done "the impossible." After discussing this portion of our study, one of the group members said, "Tori, you're our Bannister."

My heart melted.

I don't share their comments in order to toot my own horn. In fact, I know all of this is only possibly because of God's work within each of us. I share their comments because their words are proof that following God, no matter how scary it might feel, is absolutely worth it!

When I began Not Forgotten Ministries last year, I remember thinking, "It will all be worth it if I can help just one woman find healing." I've since helped 23 women and 1 man begin their journey toward freedom! The precious words I heard today are the proof I needed to reassure me that I am on the right path and encourage me to keep moving forward. Those sweet comments blessed my heart more than I could ever express.

Knowing that God has used me and my story to help each of these people find healing from something as traumatic as abortion, is incredible. He took something so terribly ugly and continues to make something beautiful out of it. He is using my story, and my willingness, to do things only HE can do! I am in awe of Him and I am so grateful that He has allowed me to be a part of the work He is doing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes