Modern Medicine



I was diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis in July of 2018. It took so many years to obtain this diagnosis and then several months to figure out the right "cocktail" of medications to help manage my pain and prevent further damage to my body. Today, five years later, as I get the infusion I get every six weeks, my heart is filled with gratitude for modern medicine. 

There are some people who believe it would be best not to take man-made medications but I firmly believe God gave man the wisdom and ability to create medicines. When I first got diagnosed, I could barely walk because my entire left side was in so much pain. I spent years waking up with muscle stiffness and whole-body achiness that lasted hours. I've dealt with pain and fatigue that kept me from enjoying life or being the wife and mother I want to be. 

These infusions, along with my other medications, have given me my life back. I still have symptoms and bad days, but overall, my quality of life has improved tremendously and I am incredibly grateful. I'm able to enjoy my family, homeschool my kids, run a non-profit ministry, write books, lead Bible-studies, go on family vacations, help others, spend time with friends, take care of my home, and so many other things, of which I'm not sure I would be able to do without these medications. 

I've also watched, over the past couple of months, as my mom receives chemotherapy to kill cancer that would otherwise end her life. Not only that, but as her symptoms worsened, the doctors were able to adjust her medications which helped her tremendously. 

Medication is a gift from the Lord. He has blessed men and women with the wisdom needed to create and prescribe them. It is still God who uses them to heal us. I am so grateful for the ways He has used these drugs to benefit my life and my family. He is a good, good Father!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes