Back to the Sunrise

This morning I woke up at 5:45am so I could walk to the beach to watch the sunrise. I almost went back to sleep, but I felt God nudging my spirit to wake up and get out to the beach. We’ve never been to Oak Island before, so I just went to the closest beach access and found a little spot to sit. I had the entire beach to myself. As I awaited the estimated sunrise time, I began to realize that the sky was being filled with beautiful colors behind me. I kept waiting but my view, while beautiful, still showed a darker sky with just hints of color and light.

Apparently, since we’re vacationing on an island, I picked the wrong side to watch the sunrise. I plan to go to the other side tomorrow but as I sat there this morning, God reminded me that even when I can’t see it, the sun still rises. I didn’t get to watch the actual sunrise, but I did see and feel the effects of it.

As the entire sky began to light up and the temperature increased, I thought about the different situations in my life where I don’t have a full view of what God is doing but I can still rest in the truth that His love never fails, and He continues to be faithful. In the lives of others, when I reflect on the past, and even in the things I typically take for granted, I get glimpses of His work in my life, and I can trust that He isn’t done yet.

I am currently in the middle of a waiting season in several areas of my life. As I watch my mom battle cancer, work through difficult relationship issues, and seek God’s guidance and provision for the next step for Not Forgotten Ministries, I can’t see the full picture yet. But I wait in hope because I know goodness is coming and my God is trustworthy.

Today, even if it feels you have your back turned toward the sun, I hope you’ll take a moment to remind yourself that it rose this morning, even if you didn’t see it. I hope you’ll also allow yourself to the remember what the sunrise looks like and feel the effects of it as the temperature warms your skin. You will see the sun rise again but until then, you can wait in hope and rest in God’s faithfulness.

 "Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning." 

Lamentations 3:23 NLT


 Tori

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes