Just Ring the Bell!

The past two weeks have been hard for me, but also very beautiful. I had to have a hysterectomy and spent two nights in the hospital. Once I got home I spent several days in the bed and been very weak and sore.  While all of it has been a lot to deal with physically and emotionally, I have experience something so precious. I have had the most loving, attentive helpers. 

Dylan, Evan, and Tyson laid a little bell on my nightstand. They said, "Mom, any time you need something, just ring the bell!" They literally fought over who would help me each time I rang it. No matter how big or small the need, they would come running. It warmed my heart so much to see them so eager to help me and willing to work together.

Allison has spent a lot of time taking care of me, snuggling with me, and even napping with me. 

She also provided lots of company for me when she wasn't able to lay with me. 

My sweet kiddos served me breakfast, lunch, and dinner in bed. 

I've had numerous friends bring dinner or have pizza delivered. These same special ladies have spent a lot of time praying for me, which has been a huge blessing. 
 
Bryan and the kids brought me flowers and then one of my sweet friends dropped of flowers and candy.

I've made it downstairs the past few days and I've enjoyed a lot more snuggles and hugs. 


I am so incredibly grateful that even through a difficult time, there has been so much good. I don't often ask for help or spend time resting, its just not in my nature. So this time of stillness and calmness has been a blessing for me. I have been comforted and loved. I have truly experienced the family of God serving me and lifting me up in prayer. I've also seen my own family love me in a fresh, beautiful way. 

I never imagined I would have to have a hysterectomy at 38 years old and I never even considered the emotional aspects involved. This hasn't been easy and it isn't something I thought I would be thankful for but honestly, it's been a gift for me in multiple ways already. 



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes