A Different Kind of Thanksgiving

2020 has been an odd year (that's actually quite the understatement). The holidays will be different this year as well, due to the restrictions in place because of Covid-19. Not only was Thanksgiving different this year because of the pandemic, we also had to celebrate differently because I am recovering from surgery.  I usually spend hours cooking a big meal and then we typically have family over to enjoy the food. We often go to other family's houses as well. But not this year. This year we had a lazy day. 

\
We started the morning lounging together on the couch watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

I still have to lay around most of the time as I recover, so this was perfect for me.

How cute are these guys?


Later we made Thanksgiving Story Bracelets.

 
Each bead added to the pipe cleaner tells part of the story of the first Thanksgiving.

Allison didn't want to wear hers.
 
Next we played a Gratitude Game.


Allison loved rolling the dice.

We shared something we are grateful for based on which number we rolled. 

Our last game was Thanksgiving Charades.

This was a hit for sure!

Dylan was especially good at this game!

Allison did a really good job for a three year old!

My brother brought a terrific meal over for us since I can't cook right now. It was so good!

We've never had Thanksgiving dinner with just the six of us but it was a lovely evening.

After dinner we watched a family movie. The kids loved their first gift of the season, Blankie Tails!


Today was a wonderful day. It wasn't our typical Thanksgiving celebration but it was good in so many ways. I am grateful for a quiet, lazy day together to focus on what we are grateful for and enjoy each other's company. I'm definitely ready for things to return to "normal" but until it does, I am thankful for my beautiful family to celebrate with and for all the many things God has blessed us with.





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes