A World of Hearts

With COVID-19 causing chaos in our world today, I have been searching out fun ways for my kids to stay creative and spread a little hope, while also keeping them from being "bored to death" (an actual quote from one of my children. Hahaha)

We've been doing what I like to call a "boredom buster" everyday. It's simply a fun, artsy, or science-y activity each day. We've also participated in Chalk the Walk, which involved people from around the country sharing encouraging words on their driveways and sidewalks. Today, we decorated our windows with hearts for A World of Hearts.

I found the #worldofhearts group on Facebook and I was immediately intrigued. Families, businesses, doctors offices, and nursing homes from all over the world are decorating their windows and doorways with hearts. It's just a simple reminder to others that we're all in this together. As people walk or drive and notice hearts covering windows, maybe they'll feel a little hope and happiness in this scary, difficult time. This initiative also hopes to encourage people to "spread the love, not germs!" What a great reminder! We may not be able to be close to one another due to social distancing, but we can still show love to others.

Here's our #worldofhearts display...












I encourage each of you to participate in this simple activity! Not only will it bless someone else when they see your display of love, it will bless you as you participate in something that connects you with others from around the world.

It sort of makes my heart sad that it takes something has terrible as the coronavirus to bring us together in this way, but since I know God uses all things for good (Romans 8:28) and I am grateful today, for the way this pandemic is bringing humans together. Regardless of location, gender, race, economic status, religion, or anything else that makes us different, we all need love and hope right now. I am thankful to play a small part in something that is spreading that hope and love right now!

Here are a few more heart displays from around the world...







I hope you'll join all of us by sharing hope and love on your window! When you do, make sure to share your photos to A World of Hearts and use the hashtag, #aworldofhearts




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes