A Brand New Space!

The past five days have been absolutely amazing! After 4 months of searching for a building for Not Forgotten Ministries to be housed, I found the perfect little spot only a block away from the Planned Parenthood in Winston Salem. I signed the lease last Wednesday! I let friends and family know that we hoped to completely furnish our new location with donated items. Less than a week later, we only need a few more things and the space will be completely furnished and we haven't spent a dime! 

The key to Not Forgotten Ministries' new office!
Our beautiful entry way of all donated items.

As I've cleaned, arranged, organized, and decorated, I've been in awe of God and His provision! Our space is not only furnished, its beautiful! I am so thrilled with everything! And amazed by the timing too!

Since March I have been on a crazy journey. God has been leading and I have been following. I know  many of my friends and family do not truly understand. I have walked by faith while others have questioned me and even spoken doubt and fear over me. There hasn't been a moment of doubt that God wanted me to keep moving forward with Not Forgotten Ministries but I won't lie, I have dealt with some fear and worry, especially when others showed their disinterest in going with me. As the last few days have unfolded and I've watched God do His thing, I have never been more grateful that He has allowed me to be apart of this. He has continuously shown me little things that prove to me that this IS His plan and that He is proud of me for walking with Him.

On Wednesday, after signing the lease, I turned on my GPS and began driving home. I've driven home from this area twice a week for 4 months but that day my GPS took me a different way. As I drove, I realized I was driving right past the building where I had my abortion 20 years ago. My heart was overwhelmed. It felt like proof that God is smiling on this ministry! Not Forgotten Ministries is  beauty from the ashes of my past.


Allison has been with me at the new office every day. We have been there alone and spent a lot of time together. Lots of toys have been donated for the kid's area, one of which is a baby doll. Allison has loved on this doll so much. It has blessed my soul to watch her. In this place, where God has led me to help other women choose life for their babies and heal from past abortions, I've gotten to enjoy watching my baby girl pretend to be a mommy. Is there anything more precious?





This mini refrigerator was donated by my aunt and uncle. It was used in a college dorm several years ago. They cleaned it up but its still pretty beat up. It works though, and that's all that matters! As I pushed it to it's new spot and plugged it in, I noticed a little sticker on the front. TRUST. It's the only word on the entire fridge. It was as if God was saying, "This is what happens when you TRUST me. I am trustworthy. I will provide!" We will not be disappointed when we TRUST God. He is faithful and always comes through for us!
Today I am grateful for all that God has done with Not Forgotten Ministries. It has been incredible to watch this ministry evolve and grow. This is HIS ministry, I'm just allowing Him to use me. My heart overflows with gratitude daily! I am also thankful that God has shown up so boldly in my life! It isn't easy to step out in faith but if we follow God's lead, it will definitely be worth it! I cannot wait to see how God uses this ministry in the years to come! 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes