The Biggest Life Boat Ever Made

My family is currently on our family vacation. We are staying in Cincinnati but visiting places in Kentucky, Ohio, and maybe even Indiana. Our first stop today with the Ark Encounter. This is the reason we decided to come on this trip specifically, just to see the Ark! And I must say, it didn't disappoint!

The boys were shocked by the size of the Ark!

Can you see the boys and me standing at the bottom of the ship?
That helps to show to the size of this "lifeboat!"

Bryan and the boys at the door of the Ark.
Do you see the cross? Jesus is our ONE DOOR
to Salvation!

When we first walked under the ark to enter it, I was in awe. It literally brought tears to my eyes. To see the great size of the Ark and realize all the work and dedication it must have taken for Noah and his family to build something identical to it, so long ago. The faith this man embodied was remarkable to say the least.  It took them 50-75 years to build this massive boat. The people that saw their work laughed and scoffed at them. They were considered ridiculous for believing that God would speak to Noah or that a flood would occur, especially since it had never rained. Noah's faith endured all of this. 

In one of the exhibits in the Ark, someone said, "Noah could have just thrown in the towel and called it good enough, but he didn't." Noah believed what God said, obeyed what He told Him to do even though it was hard, it was lonely, and it took a looooong time. Noah's obedience and faith in God lead to him and his family being the only 8 people that survived the flood. He built the biggest Life Boat ever made with instructions given to him by God!

Seeing this replica of Noah's Ark increased my faith and causes me to want to have faith like Noah! I am grateful that my family was able to experience the Ark Encounter today! Seeing what it was really like and learning all the science that backs it up plus, being reminded of the scriptures where this story was first told, was very educational and faith-building for all us. I am also grateful for a special start to our family vacation! I can't think of a better way to begin a week of fun with my family!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes