Christmas Traditions....

It's that time of year again! Christmas Time!!! I absolutely love this time of year! My little (well not quite so little anymore) family has started several Christmas traditions over the past few years. We've got our new house all decorated and we're thrilled to begin this season together as a family of 5! Since today was the first day of December our little elf friend, Ernie, arrived to begin a fun season of hide and seek! The boys were SOOO excited to see him! We also made some homemade ornaments tonight which is something Dylan and I always enjoy doing together. I'm looking forward to making Moravian cookies in a couple of weeks, which is a tradition my grandmother began over 30 years ago. We'll be visiting Santa with the Almodovar family next week. This will be our 5th year with this tradition! There are certain movies and songs that we always enjoy and we'll be adding the Advent wreath and candles to our family devotions soon, too! We love going to Christmas parties, spending time with family, and singing Happy Birthday to Jesus! We began a new tradition today as well. It's a "Random Acts of Kindness" Advent calendar. Today we had to give a compliment to a friend. The boys can't wait to see what we have to do tomorrow! They are delighted to start this new tradition!

He's back!
Ernie decorated our Chandelier tonight =)
Working on some homemade ornaments...
Cute little trees...he did a good job, huh?
I think they're adorable! I hope the Sunday School teachers like them =)

Today I am thankful for fun family traditions. This time of year is so exciting, especially with little ones! I love making this season extra special for them. It makes it extra special for me as well! I am grateful for the wonderful memories we have made in the past and all the new ones we'll be making this year! Celebrating the birth of our Savior is such a special occasion! I'm so grateful I get to celebrate with these precious little ones!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes