A Child FOR God!

 A few months ago, my family attended a worship night at a local church. Throughout the evening the children were encouraged to draw pictures of what they believed God was showing them. Then the children laid all of their drawings at the altar. It was a really beautiful sight.

My six-year-old daughter drew a picture of a heart and around it she wrote, "I am a child for God!" She wrote this entirely unprompted, by herself. I think she intended to write, "child of God," but as soon as I saw it, the word "for" really spoke to me. 



We often hear that we are children of God, but how often do we think about being a child FOR Him?

Without realizing it, I believe my daughter wrote the answer to a question so many people are continually asking themselves. That question is, "What is the purpose of my life?" 

The purpose of life is pondered by everyone from time to time. We often receive deceptive and confusing answers to that question, though. The world wants us to live as though our happiness is the point of life. Other people in our lives often make us believe we exist to make them happy. At times, because of various circumstances or difficulties in life, we doubt that we have a purpose at all. Thankfully, God's Word tells us exactly why we exist.

Isaiah 43:7 (NLT) "Bring all who claim Me as their God, for I have made them for My glory. It was I who created them.’”

Psalm 100:3 (NIV) "Know that the Lord is God. It is He who made us, and we are His; we are His people, and the sheep of His pasture." 

Colossians 1:16b (NLT) "Everything was created through Him and for Him."

Most Christ-followers agree that humans were created by God, and without a doubt, that is true! But we mustn't forget that we were also created FOR God! It was His desire that each one of us be created. He carefully designed and crafted every person without mistake or error. We don't always follow the path He desires for us, but even then, He uses our mess-ups and wrong paths to lead us back to Himself and even allows us to help others discover that they, too, were created on purpose, for a purpose.

The next time you question your worth or wonder why you even exist; I hope my daughter's drawing will entire your mind. You are a child of God but also, you are a child FOR Him. That is your purpose! And that is the only purpose we need!

Tori



 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes