The Harvest....

Yesterday I got to spend some time with a beautiful baby girl. She has the most hair I've ever seen a one month old have! She makes the cutest little expressions and she is content almost all of the time. While her mother is so grateful for this precious girl now, there was a time when she couldn't see past her circumstances and almost had an abortion.  By God's grace, her mother chose to leave the abortion clinic and I became her mentor. Throughout her pregnancy I encouraged her, talked her out of going back to the clinic a few times, and talked her through some very difficult days. I prayed for her, connected her with the pregnancy care center, and threw her a baby shower. It was my great pleasure to do these things. I am in awe of God's willingness to allow me to partner with Him as He saved this baby girl. 



To think that God allowed me to be there every step of the way, through her mom's entire pregnancy, when we found out she was a girl, and even the day she was born-- its just mind blowing to me! I never dreamed that God would redeem my abortion story in such a way---to help save the lives of babies and help their mothers live a life free of the guilt and shame of abortion. 



Today I am grateful that God allowed my life to intersect with this adorable baby girl. As I held her yesterday, I was reminded of Galatians 6:9 which says, "So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up."  While looking at this darling child, I realized was holding a harvest of blessing! I am also thankful for God's incredible way of turning things around and using things for good! I would have never imagined would use my story in such a way. I am constantly amazed by how incredible our God is!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes