A Rainbow in the Clouds

 This evening, as Dylan and I drove home from Boy Scouts, I noticed that the sky was so dark and gray it almost looked brown. "It is so dreary out here," I thought. As I turned out of the parking lot I noticed a very light rainbow peaking out from a cloud. The dark, ugly sky was trying to cover it up but there it was, a beautiful rainbow reminding me of God's incredible promises.

This picture doesn't do the scene justice. You can see the
dark clouds but the rainbow doesn't show up in the photo the
way it did in real life. It was so noticeable!

I couldn't stop looking at the rainbow. The darkness tried its best to cover it, but it couldn't! I felt God nudging me to apply this truth to my current situation. Things seem at a standstill, forgotten, and even frustrating. This rainbow reminded me that God's promises are still there. The darkness will always try to cover up the light but it can't successfully do so. Instead of focusing on the dark, ugly, brown sky, I have to stay focused on the rainbow. Even though my situation hasn't worked out yet, doesn't mean it won't. God's plan is solid. It will happen. I can rest in that!




By the time I got home, the gray clouds had mostly vanished and the rainbow could be seen a little more clearly. I love seeing rainbows right beside our house, over our pond. I'm especially grateful for this rainbow. It reminded me that even when things seem gray and dreary, God's plans are still in place. He is still working things out and I don't need to panic. It may feel dark and dim but if I look hard enough, I can see the rainbow reminding me of His promises. And He keeps His Promises!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes