Running MY Race

Do you ever think of life as a race?  Hebrews 2:1b-2 says, "And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith." This is so important. We need to run the race marked out for us. God has prepared a “race” or path for each one of us. The race before you is different than the race before your friend or co-worker. Each and every person has a race designed specifically for them that leads to the plans God has for them.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Over the past month and a half my race has taken some twists and turns. God has revealed some new plans He has for me. I'll be honest, sometimes it can be hard and scary to drop the things you've spent so much time and energy on. But, I will say, it has been so worth it.

I know others don't fully understand my sudden change in course but that is 100% okay with me. They aren't the ones leading me and they don't have plans for me and my story. God does! I will follow wherever He leads. I know this leg of my race won't always be easy or understood but as I keep my eyes on Jesus, I can run this portion of the race with perseverance

Today I am grateful for the plans God has for me and for the ways He is using my story. Shedding light on the darkest secret of my life has been one of the best choices I've ever made. I am also thankful for the amazing ways I've seen God at work over the past couple of weeks. I've had my mind blown over and over again! It's so much easier to run MY race, regardless of the ups and downs, when I keep my eyes on Jesus!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes