Living Out What I Used to Dream Of


I saw the picture above earlier today and it touched  my heart because it so true for me. As I look around at my home, I can't help but think of the years I spend praying for the home God had for our family. When I look at my husband, I think of the 8 years we dated before we got married and how many times I prayed that if it was God's will, our years of "boyfriend and girlfriend" would lead to the day we could say "I do." When I look at these sweet boys, I remember all the days and nights I prayed for the babies God would bless us with. 

There is a whole lot about my life that I never imagined. God has given me countless blessings that I never even dreamed of. But there are also sooooo many answered prayers right here, in this house with me. God hears us. He sees us. He provides for us. He is working things out for us! He isn't absent or disengaged. He isn't oblivious to or annoyed by our prayers. If we take time to look around, we'll see that we're living out what we used to dream of and enjoying the answers to our prayers.

Today I am grateful for all the many answered prayers and wonderful blessings I've been given. It's easy to loose sight of all the gifts we already have but today, I was reminded of the days that I prayed for what I have now. I am also thankful for the hope that gives me. What I'm praying for now, I will one day be living out, because my God is faithful!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes